Friday, September 11, 2009

You Got Me!

My SIL Sarah tagged me!

Here’s the deal: If you happen to still my blog (thank you) ...choose one ingredient from my recipe and post a recipe using this ingredient on your blog, linking back to the previous blogs that have posted a recipe.
- Then tell four new people, and we will see how it grows.
- To keep it exciting please post within a week of receiving the tag.

So Sarah choose MOLASSES SUGAR COOKIES I am choosing the ingredient sugar. Cause married life is SWEET!


I've been making these cookies lately as my new husband happens to love Angel Food Cake and I always have the yolks leftover to use up. They seem to be almost as big of a hit as the cake :)


After Angel Food Cookies

2/3 cup Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
5 Egg Yolks
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup Chopped Dates
1/2 cup Raisins

Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg yolks. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture and mix until smooth. Add walnuts, dates, and raisins and blend well. Place medium spoonfuls of dough on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350f for 12 minutes. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

So because I'm not sure anyone reads my blog anymore if you read this do the recipe thing and I'll be forever grateful to have you as my friend :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for playing along, Heather!!