Sunday, September 12, 2010

Set in motion


We are EXPECTING! It is very early on... I took a pregnancy test the morning my period was due and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks. I bought this fancy digital one with my shoppers points that I thought Christian would like ;-) It was just before 6:00 am when we found out. I thought Christian was still sleeping but he had heard me get up. He knew I was planning on taking the test that morning so when I slipped back in to bed with a huge smile on my face (which I'm sure he couldn't see in the dark) He asked me "Well?..." and I said "look at the test" and he said he wanted me to tell him so in the still darkness I whispered "we're having a baby." We felt shock, extreme joy and love for one another. I had not let myself get my hopes up. So I really thought we weren't expecting yet as it was our first month trying. So we laid in bed holding one another and pondered in our hearts what had happened. I went to my GP, Dr. H and the urine test I did there was not positive but the Doctor reassured me it is probably just so early on that the hormone lever isn't high enough to detect yet. I also went to see my Naturopath Dr. A, and she was thrilled! I was still in shock at this point but she reminded me that I've been preparing my body for this for months. Also that it could and did happen as soon as we started trying.

I really do not have the words to describe the deep overwhelming joy and satisfaction and respect I feel for this miracle of life to have happened for Christian and I. I feel beyond blessed and gratitude to the creator of all things. Lord Jesus, thank you for thinking of me. Most importantly my soul and dying so that I might live. Also for opening up my body for the miracle of life to happen. Love, Heather







So this is me at 1-2 weeks... the blastocyst still just starting to find a cozy spot in my uterus.

No comments: