Friday, October 01, 2010

Thoughts & Feelings


I'm probably worse than a teenager thinking about sex with how often my mind thinks about "the baby" or "being pregnant" or "if I look like I'm showing yet" I'm so enjoying all the thoughts and continue to feel so blessed to have an amazing husband and a baby on the way :-)

Things I'm excited about:
- Announcing we are expecting! I'm almost beside myself with not being able to share this yet... but Christian and I want to wait til we are twelve weeks and surprise everyone in a fun way. I'm pretty sure my co-workers know as I'm so tired and nauseous at work everyday!
- Loosing my waist and having a baby bump! I am starting out this pregnancy overweight as far as I'm concerned so I'm looking forward to trying to become a lean mean baby machine for the labour. Of course no dieting but lots of exercise and walks to be a fit Momma.
- Becoming parents! I'm really looking forward to making Christian a Dad. I know he will do an amazing job. I hope we are able to give our child the nurturing and support he/she needs to become a well rounded person who loves God.
- Making knitted and sewn items for the baby! I've been looking at patterns and ideas but I want to finish a little sweater for my friends boy first before I start ones for us or else I'll never finish it!
- Experiencing birth! I've been watching Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby on TLC for months now and I'm so looking forward to the experiencing the joy through the pain. I hope I will be able to have a natural birth for the baby but we will have to take that one step at a time.
- Yes and I am looking forward to a glass of wine or a cocktail one of these days after I have my baby on the outside and a safe time when I'm breast feeding. I hear you can do that safely. When the time comes I'll have the look it up ;-)

I just continue to pray for a healthy baby. Right now the embryo is the size of a lentil and all the kissable parts are forming, the noes, mouth, ears, well really the whole little body. It is such an amazing miracle how everything forms!

No comments: